1.- Identify & validate methods
- First, the methods (that can be used in secondary school’s labs) to assess microplastic pollution will be identified and a standard Operating Procedures will be elaborated.
- Then, while following international standards, the scientists will validate internally the methods used for assessing microplastic materials.
2.- Raising scientists in schools
- The teachers will transfer these methods to a secondary school chemistry lab.
- Inclusive citizen science campaigns will then take place using the validated methods, where microplastic pollution will be assessed.
3.- Dissemination activities
- Our scientific results will be presented to the scientific community in a number of conferences and other events.
- Environmental awareness campaigns are also planned for the large public.